Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Get to Worka!

One of my favorite things about the coffee industry is that all of the "Rockstars" are available by email or telephone still. Peter Giuliano still picks up the phone and talks to people. I don't even think Peter has a security guard. Duane Sorenson stops in for shots and Nick Cho podcasts about our Clovers. One of the best visits happened this week; a wonderful visit and dinner with The Petersons from Hacienda La Esmeralda. Bow down! If you were trying to contact your favorite musicians, you would probably have a lot more trouble getting them to pick up the phone, getting their security guard to pick up the phone...hell I don't think you could even get an email back from the security guard's security guard. I love you coffee. Don't you worry Vince Piccollo, I think you are a Rockstar too.

p.s. I am enjoying a Chemex of Yergacheffe Worka from Novo Roasters. Yummy.